[Gllug] VMware Server on Debian Etch AMD64 - anyone got this towork?

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Sat May 17 22:26:29 UTC 2008

Andy Millar wrote:

> I don't know I this helps, but I have a hp dl140 running perfectly with debian etch 64 and vmware.

Not really :)

> It even performs fairly well too :-p.

:-p

> The difference is that a dl140 runs intel xeons instead of the amd counterpart that you have.

The funny thing is that it runs perfectly well using the bigmem i386
(and probably other) kernels, but is flaky as heck with the AMD64 kernel.

May I ask:

- Is it Vmware server or one of the others (ESX, WS...etc)?
- what version of vmware are you using (1.05?)
- Did you patch the vmware or is it straight from vmware?
- Did you load ia32-libs?

TIA

MeJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk