[Gllug] Oracle Shared-Nothing

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon May 12 13:37:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 01:49:25PM +0100, Stephen wrote:

> My own personal bias is that I don't trust drdb - what happens if it
> stops working?

You could say the same of any component.  Do you have any reason to
believe it is particularly unreliable?  If not, then the belief is only
superstition.

I have a couple of years of experience of using drbd and heartbeat as
the basis for an HA database cluster in a production environment; we
didn't have a single DRBD failure, just the usual hardware failures
which proved the worth of the HA infrastructure.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill