[Gllug] Office Alternatives

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Wed May 21 14:11:26 UTC 2008

Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:

> Openoffice is crap

We *sell* MS Office - but that doesn't mean I have to use the rubbish.
Last decent version included Word 6 IMNVHO.

Have you actually *tried* MS Office 2007? Bleagh.

I've been using OOo for several years now across all platforms, and it's
*ages* since I have had any significant inter-op issues with MS Docs.

Apart, of course, from Access. Where I have just had to build a VM with
Win2K and MSOffice 2K and other tools to recover a client's corrupted
Access database.

Database, tables, schema, forms, data definitions all in one proprietary
file - what could *possibly* go wrong?

Sigh.

Of course, there is nothing to be done about users.

MeJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk