[Gllug] Someone with a postcode database do me a favour please? Suspicious repeated disappearance of computer deliveries...

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat May 24 19:06:53 UTC 2008

M.Blackmore wrote:
[snip]
> If someone has access to a postcode checker could they be so kind as to
> tell me the range of house numbers covered by the OX7 3QA postcode? And
> ideally any names they could associate with those.

1 to 27
The Green
Charlbury
CHIPPING NORTON
OX7 3QA

This information is readily available on the Royal Mail's web site.

> Obviously reply off list!!!

Not needed.

> If this sort of thing can be accessed publically, perhaps someone could
> point me in the right direction.

http://www.royalmail.co.uk/

and head for the postcode lookup stuff.

On a general note, it's important to distinguish between Parcel Farce
and Royal Mail services.  Parcel Farce is what used to be parcel post
but it's now a separate organisation. although you still send stuff
through the Post Office counters and there is an element of co-marketing.

 From my days of running the Emporium I learnt one important rule -
never, ever, ever, send anything with Parcel Farce, or allow anyone else
to send anything to you by that means.  1st class post is often an
acceptable (and sometimes even a cheaper) option.  If you want next day
then use Special Delivery, unless it's over 2 kg in case you need DHL,
FedEx or someone like Interlink.

The ludicrous experiences which I've had with Parcel Farce would make
for a very long post.  Just say no!

John

(UPS is a slightly different story.  Domestic UPS within the UK is
OK-ish, but their import people are totally dishonest.)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk