[Gllug] Digikam very very strange strangeness - Opensuse 10.3

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Sun May 25 22:38:11 UTC 2008

Having a very strange strangeness with Digikam. Download pictures off
the (bog standard Samsung) digi camera into the "Albums" my wife set up
(on a nfs networked directory on the server).

When listed within Digikam all the files are there as they should be,
numbered and dated appropriately.

Look up in Konqueror in detailed list view and the directory listing
chops off a month or two - not listed. Change to icon/thumbnail view and
they are back again as thumbnails.

Hmm.

Remove and delete a few and download a few off the camera's internal
memory (not the SD card) which held only 6 photos, and then  most of the
directory containing the 200 or so downloaded pictures was re-dated to
17-01-2006 (i.e. I suspect the start date of the camera clock). This
included files that had not been downloaded from the camera internal
memory but had been previously downloaded from the SD card.

Anyone seen anything like this and what gives? Suggestions?