[Gllug] pppd replacedefaultroute

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Sat May 3 20:25:51 UTC 2008

Hello,

I use a pcmcia datacard / gprs modem to work on the train.  This works
perfectly under Debian and/or Ubuntu - I use wvdial, and have a wvdial
config and a /etc/ppp/peers/wvdial config that works without fail,
every time.

On Fedora or Centos, this doesn't work, and I see error messages
indicating that pppd dislikes my "replacedefaultroute" option.

The versions are jolly close:

ppp-2.4.4-1.el5 vs ppp_2.4.4rel-8_i386.deb

I see no mention of 'replacedefaultroute' in the Redhat documentation.
 If I remove it, it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

S.

Configs:

cat /etc/wvdial.conf
[Dialer Defaults]
Phone = *99***1#
Username = username
Password = password
Stupid Mode = 1
Dial Command = ATDT

[Dialer pin]
Init1 = AT+CPIN=1234

[Dialer option]
Modem = /dev/ttyS0
Baud = 460800
Init2 = ATZ
Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem

[Dialer 2gonly]
Init4 = AT+COPS=0,0,"Vodafone",0

[Dialer 3gonly]
Init4 = AT+COPS=0,0,"Vodafone",2

[Dialer internet]
Init5 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet";

[Dialer internetvpn]
Init5 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internetvpn";

[Dialer myapn]
Init5 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","myapn"

[Dialer 384k]
Init6 = AT+CGEQMIN=1,4,64,384,64,384