[Gllug] reset keyring nm-applet password

Ivan Virgili ivnmad at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:31:05 UTC 2008

Diana Scott wrote:
> Hi Ivan
>
> I have followed your advice to delete default.keyring file in the
> /home/~/.gnome2/keyrings/ folder and log out and log back in. a  new
> file was created and called login.keyring. It appeared to have
> accepted my password and displayed a sign said 'now connected to
> wireless' but for some reason the firefox is not able connect or
> display the web page.
>
> Please advise.
>
> diana

Oh well.. where do I start?
It could depend on so many factors (linux or network related)

Let's start with the basics (and I hope someone else will help as well).

I presume you have already checked that the router is connected to the
Internet, also because from something you said previously everything
works fine if you use a network cable (correct me if I am wrong).

How far are you from the wireless router?
Do you have a strong or weak signal?

What results do you get if you run ifconfig and iwconfig?
(with wireless connected)

Ivan

--
Ivan Virgili