[Gllug] partition recovery tools for *nix

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sat May 24 18:44:40 UTC 2008

2008/5/24 Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to find a tool to recover photos from a formatted memory
> card (belonging to sister in law, who's friend "helped" by selecting
> 'format' and wiping all her photos).
>
> There are tons and tons and tons of shareware downloads for windows,
> and I'm rather hoping I can find a decent tool for linux.

As soon as I posted, I thought to search freshmeat instead of plain
search engines, and found (amongst a dozen or so other options)..

http://freshmeat.net/projects/recoverphotos/

It does what it says on the tin : 500 photo's recovered from a memory
disk that was formatted, and then another 60 photos copied onto it!

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk