[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

James Holland holland.james at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 27 17:54:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 18:42 +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> In any case, it's a matter of context and convention. When the group
> you're conversing with top post, you should top post. When they post
> inline then you should do the same.
>
> It's breaking the conventions that's wrong, generally speaking.

I suppose you're right here! But if a group has something you find
strange, I see no reason why one shouldn't challenge it...

I guess I was just a bit upset, as when I joined this list a few months
ago I bottom-posted like it said in the group faq but was instantly told
off as I'd replied in the wrong thread or something. I hadn't been a
member of a list for years and it reminded me of the bad old days when
you'd get flamed for the most minor misdemeanour! People tended to
behave really badly on these lists and you wondered what they were like
in person.

Here's a link that illustrates my points:
http://alpage.ath.cx/toppost/toppost.htm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk