[Gllug] OUTRAGEOUS Apple patent for solar voltaic covered computer cases

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu May 29 00:41:51 UTC 2008

On 28 May 2008, Martin A. Brooks verbalised:

> M.Blackmore wrote:
>>
>> THIS IS UTTERLY OUTRAGEOUS! This idea has been discussed around
>> mailing lists and web forums and third world development organisations
>> as a wish-for for at least the last 20 years that I recall. Can
>> someone with contacts with the free software movement
>
> What does this have to do with any of the various free software movements?

The connection is obvious. In fact there's more than one!

Free software -> Richard Stallman -> Beards -> Hippie movements -> Drugs -> Opiates

Free software -> Saint IGNUcius -> Religious figures -> Bill Gates ->
The Gates Foundation -> Drugs -> Opiates

Drugs -> North Korea -> Communism -> Ludicrous governmental monopolies -> Patents

And with a little lateral thinking, you can make a ring:

Opiates -> Pharmaceuticals -> Patents -> Patents on fonts -> No patents on
fonts -> Donald Knuth -> The reinvention of wheels -> Emacs -> Richard
Stallman -> Free software

Anyone got any more?

(sorry, high on pr[oe]scribed nuclear-strength antihistamines and
inhaled steroids, brain operating oddly.)

--
`If you are having a "ua luea luea le ua le" kind of day, I can only
 assume that you are doing no work due [to] incapacitating nausea caused
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk