[Gllug] PAM access.conf controls on ssh

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Thu May 15 09:08:01 UTC 2008

Matthew King <matthew.king at monnsta.net> writes:

> Iain M Conochie <iain at shihad.org> writes:
>
>> Good morning gllug'ers
>>
>>   I am trying to control access to a machine over ssh using the pam
>> /etc/security/access.conf file. This is a debian 3.1 box. I have added
>> the line
>>
>> account  required       pam_access.so
>>
>> to the /etc/pam.d/login file. I also have these lines in the access.conf
>> file
>
> SSH will be controlled by the /etc/pam.d/ssh file. /etc/pam.d/login
> controls the login process.

That is to say, the login process as in the Unix process which is
controlled by (run by? attached to?) the /bin/login binary. Not the
general set of actions which falls under the process of logging in.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk