[Gllug] Debian / Ubuntu SSL vulnerability

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:10:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:57 AM, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:

>  Looking at the Ubuntu notifications it seems that they have already done
>  much the same.  Although a worthy catch-all, the problem I see with this
>  is that if you have a headless or remote box then applying the update
>  could easily lock you out of it entirely.

If you have a headless remote box without a serial console, then I'd
say you *deserve* to be locked out. Harsh, perhaps, but surely if
you're building a system like that, you plan for all eventualities? I
can't imagine not having serial access to any of my hosted boxen.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk