[Gllug] simple https troubleshooting?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Tue May 13 15:29:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 04:16:14PM +0100, Avi wrote:
> >    4. Use a browser on the server to see if you can connect to the server
> >    locally.
>
> I can now (couldn't before I did the SSL certificate above). But I can't get at it from the internet.

Of course you can't; it's only listening for https connections on the
loopback interface, which is not accessible from outside the box.  You
need to configure it to be listening on at least one external address.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.