[Gllug] Oracle Shared-Nothing

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Mon May 12 12:49:25 UTC 2008

>From John Hearns:

>  Any comments or experiences?

I went to a SuSE Linux training day a few months ago - they demoed a
Linux-HA setup using a virtual machine failing over between two
physical servers.
SLES supports the OCFS filesystem, and indeed we've used OCFS in one
HA setup I built

There is a whitepaper on this on the SuSE site if you search for it.

and also:

We used a shared disk array.

Another elegant way to do it would be to use an iSCSI server.

I wouldn't think that a shared disk array or an iSCSI server is a big
budget item these days - Infortrend for instance do them.

My own personal bias is that I don't trust drdb - what happens if it
stops working?
Yes, of course you would monitor it.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk