[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:32:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
<ilmari at ilmari.org> wrote:

> Also, whatever you do, don't install the Firebug extension unless you
> _absolutely_ have to. It slows down Firefox to a crawl, even if you
> disable it except for particular pages. You need to disable it
> completely in the extension manager to avoid the slowdown.

This is only true for certain versions of Firefox, although I have to
say, it's been true for every version I've personally used. I've seen
others using it without the slowdown, though, so it's not just a
rumour.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk