[Gllug] SMS provider for smssend with use for Nagios

Marcus Taylor marcus at fatbeehive.com
Fri May 30 12:06:43 UTC 2008

william pink wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have just installed smssend which in the end will be used in conjunction
> with Nagios but looking through the scripts there all foreign or out of
> date, Has anyone got a up to date script to be used with a provider or a
> alternative method?

We use http://www.sms2email.com/ - I think they are slightly expensive
though. We just use their https gateway [sends a POST request] using a
quick script I knocked up. [It happens to be in perl - but you can
easily just use lynx/wget etc...]

Cheers

> Thanks,
> Will

|     Marcus Taylor     |                            Tel: 0207 7398704 |
+-----------------------+                 Email: marcus at fatbeehive.com |
| Systems Administrator |               Web: http://www.fatbeehive.com |
|    Fat Beehive Ltd    | 2nd Floor, 59 Rivington St, London, EC2a 3QQ |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk