[Gllug] Office Alternatives

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed May 21 11:17:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 12:14 +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> <rant>
> /me weeps! £350.00 fscking pounds for *one* copy of Microsoft Office!
>
> Openoffice is crap - unstable, not feature complete - the users just
> hate it - it isn't fit for purpose either as a wordprocessor or a
> spreadsheet.
> </rant>
>
> Surely there has to be an alternative?

<tongue in cheek>Google Docs</tongue in cheek>

In what way is OOo unstable in your experience and what features are
missing that you need?

I use Gnumeric for spreadsheet but I'm more than happy with OOo for word
processing myself.

If you do have to buy MS Office why are you buying single copies? Buy a
site license.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk