[Gllug] anybody here using Ubuntu 8.04 and their keyboard driver has gone to pot?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri May 16 06:54:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 19:39 +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> No pound sign available on mine and updating the keyboard layout
> generates an error - just me or a real bug?

I've had this on every box I upgraded and the number pad was lost on
each.

In each case I've had to reconfigure X to fix it.

In my case the cause was simple - I'd manually update the xorg conf file
to enable the best resolution for my monitor which was not available by
default. Once I removed that I was able to rebuild easily.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk