[Gllug] Whatever happened to Applixware?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Fri May 30 17:05:41 UTC 2008

Years ago I used to use an office package called Applixware (even got a
legit copy from John of Linux Emporium in those days) which I always
rather liked ca 2000ad. Then it disappeared.

Did it get absorbed into something or is it simply abandonware?

If abandonware it would make a good platform for open source development
of a competitor to OOo. Anyone any knowledge of its fate and status of
any codebase?

Just a random thought about trawling old defunct packages and seeing if
they can be prised from the cold dead fingers of any shell companies
left lying in the undergrowth. Could be lots of old Unix stuff (and
windows stuff... err how portable is windows code?) around like that,
that could seedbed free or open development.