[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:23:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 6:18 PM, James Holland
<holland.james at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I guess this illustrates it perfectly. I'm trying to grasp why I'm not
> showing consideration?? (Please be gentle, I'm just trying to understand
> it!)

Perhaps because there are no upsides to top posting[1], and several
downsides (excessive bandwidth, readability issues, etc). The fact
that you may not find it a problem doesn't alter the reality that many
others do. Not taking that into account is showing a lack of
consideration for others.

Tet

[1] Your claimed ease of reading is a red herring. If you don't need
to read the quoted sections, they shouldn't have been there in the
first place. If you do need to read them, then top posting makes that
harder.

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk