[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue May 27 17:42:35 UTC 2008

On Tuesday, 27 May 2008, Caroline Ford wrote:
>The people who complain don't understand that normal use of email is
>top posting.  If you bottom post in a business setting it is clearly
>wrong.

Normal use of computers is to run Windows; normal Web browsing is MSIE
on a machine with eighty-seven bits of adware on it.  Normal use of
email is, sadly, HTML garbage and in a style that makes it tricky to
address more than one substantive point. We don't do the HTML garbage;
"normal" use of email is not a good guide to sensible use any more
than it is a good guide to sensible use of a computer or how to browse
the Web.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!
Today is Epithumia, June - a weekend.