[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Nov 13 15:52:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 03:40:35PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
[...]
>> Actual releases of Debian have version numbers.
> Point me in the direction of someone, *anyone* that isn't closely
> following the Debian project who knows what they are.

What, the release numbers? Well, I know that the current release is 4.0, but
would have to double-check what the codename of 4.0 and the codename of the
next release is.

> I've certainly not heard anyone refer to a Debian release by version
> number since around version 1.3, and that includes various DPLs.

Then you apparently associate with people who are either showing off or are
running unstable or testing.

> Everyone uses the codename.

[citation required]

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk