[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Nov 17 23:09:23 UTC 2008

On 14 Nov 2008, Dan Kolb outgrape:
> With good management, you can do both. Pick a release date. Some
> months before then, freeze your development branch. Then spend those
> months bug-fixing. Do *not* change versions of software in your
> to-be-released version.

Of course that doesn't necessarily help. What the people who want
releases on a fixed date *really* want is to know exactly what will
appear in those releases, and *that* we can't give them in advance,
absent time travel.

It is very hard to explain this to managers, even managers in the
brokerage industry (who you'd think would have a better grasp than
most of the unpredictabilty of events).

--
`Not even vi uses vi key bindings for its command line.' --- PdS
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk