[Gllug] Typesetting a book under Linux

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Tue Nov 4 12:13:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 11:53:13AM +0000, - Tethys wrote:
> What are the options? It's a text book, with a lot of full colour
> images, some requiring full bleed. Image positioning is variable, and
> text needs to flow around the images.

Personally, I'd go with LaTeX, and get a copy of The LaTeX Companion (2nd ed.).
It contains a large number of examples of image setting, getting text to flow
around images, and all that other fun stuff.

I suppose you could use PageMaker, or whatever it's called nowadays, but that'd
cost lots of money.

Dan
--
Oh don't the days seem lank and long
	When all goes right and none goes wrong,
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk