[Gllug] b0rked firefox

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 20:36:44 UTC 2008

--------

Adrian McMenamin writes:

>Suddently (it appears) all my bookmarks have gone missing, my history
>doesn't work and the address bar simply contains the last address typed
>in it regardless of which tab I am in.
>
>Anybody else had this happen to them? Any ideas as to how to fix?

Yep. I had pretty much the same when I tried out FF3, decided it wasn't
for me yet, and tried to go back to FF1.5. Apparently, the Mozilla
people don't believe in non-destructive upgrades :-( This is particularly
a problem for those of us with NFS mounted home directories. If one machine
has FF3, and one has an older version, you're screwed. Yet another case of
the Mozilla organisation being utterly blind to anything that isn't a single
user Windows-like system. The only solution I could find was to restore my
~/.mozilla from backup.

I don't know if that's the same issue you're having. I didn't get the
address bar problem. But I suspect the same solution will work.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk