[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 17 09:39:05 UTC 2008

Caroline Ford wrote:
> But when new stable is released having stable in your sources.list
> will break stuff (and it's not a sane way of doing an upgrade)

Isn't the whole point of stable to be... err.. stable?

If you upgrade from one stable to the new stable, it should just work.

Also, you should know if it will upgrade the whole distro by the number
of pending package updates if you monitor that sort of thing, so you
should never be caught by surprise (also apt-get will tell you and ask
for confirmation too)

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
Always open to interesting opportunities

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk