[Gllug] Linux books

Elliot Moore elliot at devnull.org.uk
Fri Nov 28 15:04:57 UTC 2008

An elderly friend of mine wishes to learn a bit more about his media
server (Debian Linux) he has at home.
I think he wants to build a new machine to replace the old one and
learn a but more in his new found spare time.
So, since he has a Debian box already, I thought Ubuntu would be a
good sidestep, and this looks like a reasonable book: http://www.amazon.com/Official-Ubuntu-Book-Benjamin-Mako/dp/0132435942

Other more generic books I had in mind were: The Linux Administration
Handbook & Linux in a Nutshell.

I was wondering if any GLLUGers can recommend a decent starters book
for linux that provides a understandable guide for install and
operation?
I'm not to bothered about the flavour, suse or fedora will do if you
know of a worthwhile accompanying book.

e.