[Gllug] Future meetings - ideas

sean S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 17:47:44 UTC 2008

lesleyb at herlug.org.uk wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:43:17PM +0000, David L Neil Mailing list a/c wrote:
>
>> Caroline Ford wrote:
>>
>>> Open content and other cool shit - eg open streetmap type things

>> The street map people had quite a buzz going at their stand at LinuxLive.
>>
>> However I think Karanbir is up to three black holes where email
>> addresses used to be, in an attempt to invite them to present. If anyone
>> has a solid contact, the immediate idea was to add to Saturday's content
>> (if the mtg goes ahead)...
>>

> So there *is* a meeting on?

i don't think so. there is no owner/organiser, there may be one speaker.

i think the best course of action is to cancel.

there is someone willing to organise a meeting for january, with some
speakers lined up, so it would be best to organise for then i think.

there are suggestions about running some sort of lab based event, but it
has been pointed out that an event like that should be advertised more
widely.

unless there are mass objections i declare the meeting cancelled and
look forward to the announcement of a meeting in january and a social
event sometime before xmas.

hopefully david neil will be along to announce he is willing to organise
a few meetings, ask for help and ask for potential speakers.

regards

sean

--
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by
guarantee.  Registration number: 977818 England.  Registered Office:
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk