[Gllug] Portable and network storage.

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Nov 14 13:47:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 01:11:17PM +0000, Hari Sekhon wrote:
> Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> So what? I've got a WRAP - a 266MHz Geode that's intended to run 24/7 as
>> a router - and it doesn't have a heatsink either.
> Obviously we should all just convert our linux based wireless routers
> since they only take 6 Watts... (yes I did lots of measuring)
> But the wifi routers don't have proper storage and can't connect to
> external storage so I like my laptop solution.

FWIW, the WRAP has an onboard CF slot for storage - I have a 6GB microdrive
plugged into mine - and you can also add mass-storage via USB or a MiniPCI
IDE controller.

The WRAP is obsolete now, replaced by the ALIX which is a faster and more
capable version. Another useful possibility is one of those Viglen computers
which are also Geode-based.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk