[Gllug] Polipo - Was: Caching youtube videos

A. Alzola aaron.alzolaromero at arch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 3 11:39:33 UTC 2008

>Am playing with TOR and thus installed Privoxy.

Talking of which, I was wondering -- just how anonymous is a Tor connection in
reality? I've read about the Metasploit people coming up with a method of
tracing packets through a Tor network, but I believe that this only works if
you are silly enough to have java connected while you browse. Is Tor
anonymity a bit like PGP (i.e. Pretty Good Privacy only so long as someone
doesn't have enough interest, money, and time to crack the key)? Does anyone
on the list have an informed opinion? (... or am I opening a can of worms?)

Aarón
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk