[Gllug] ADSL providers

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:20:18 UTC 2008

OK, on the OpenDNS issue - I think this is all smoke and mirrors and I have
yet to see any *empirical* evidence that proves otherwise

How can they possibly be faster than your ISP when traffic *has* to make
more jumps from you to their DNS servers in the first place - you can't take
your ISP out of the loop. It defies common sense and the laws of physics

Tests I have conducted at home and at a friends prove this - pings twice as
high using OpenDNS rather than the ISPs servers - how could it possibly be
otherwise?

Pete