[Gllug] GLLUG at Olympia, October 2008

Ben Whyte ben at whyte-systems.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 08:02:17 UTC 2008

Chris Bell wrote:
>    I intend to go to Olympia by public transport this morning and check the
> arrangements, then return by car after the end of the congestion charge this
> evening. Our stand is part of the .org village, a rectangular area with
> outward facing stands separated by side panels which can be decorated with
> posters. We should have two chairs and a table, and a limited power feed. I
> will be taking a couple of older computers and a monitor sat on top of a
> small cabinet to demo installation and configuration of IPCop and Debian,
> just for something to look at.
>    Passes should be emailed to us individually so that we can print them,
> but we have been assured that passes can be printed for us on arrival. The
> organiser office should be close to the entrance.
>    Street parking is limited meters only, off road parking is not cheap. The
> nearest station is Olympia, but service is intermittent. Other alternatives
> are Barons Court (Piccadilly and District Lines, 10 minutes walk) or
> Shepherds Bush (Central Line, 15 minutes walk).

I will offer some advise here, I have previously exhibited at Olympia
and the off road parking is not cheap and you often need a parking permit.

I often arrived at kensington tubes and walked up to Olympia about 10
mins or so and quite pleasant.

Food and drink is expensive and mostly pret or costa.

Tempreture in the halls is usually fairly variable, unless they improved
the aircon.

Hope thats useful.

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk