[Gllug] Digit differences on PC keyboards and phones

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Oct 5 07:19:37 UTC 2008

John G Walker wrote:
[snip]
> But, I pointed out, she would have learnt the Spanish keyboard layout.
> She was using a British keyboard.
>
> "Oh," she said, "that's no problem."

I used to do a lot of work in Austria and found I could use a QWERTZUIOP
keyboard without too much difficulty.  This summer in France though I
was almost totally baffled by their AZERTY keyboards.  It's not just the
obvious first line that threw me, but M is somewhere totally different
and my fingers run far too much on automatic.  Passwords in particular
tended to take about three attempts because I had to hunt-and-peck them
if I wanted to get them right.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk