[Gllug] [ot] unsolicited mail from LPI-UK

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Tue Oct 28 15:28:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 02:12:42PM +0000, Martin wrote:

> LPI-UK subscribed my personal email address to their UK "alumni" list
> and have used it to send UCE.
>
> I'm wondering if any other GLLUG members also got this message.  I'm
> currently awaiting a reply with an explanation as to how they got hold
> of my address.

Well, I did but then I took several of their exams, so I'm hardly
surprised by this.  They used an old address which would have been
current when I signed up.

LPI were offering free LPIC-1 tests at one of the London expos, about 7
years ago.  Did you sit one of those?

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk