[Gllug] Digit differences on PC keyboards and phones

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Oct 4 21:59:13 UTC 2008

On Saturday 04 October 2008, John G Walker wrote:
<SNIP>

> But, I pointed out, she would have learnt the Spanish keyboard layout.
> She was using a British keyboard.
>
> "Oh," she said, "that's no problem."

Indeed, it took me about an hour to transfer to a Russian keyboard the first
time I needed to use one. Learning to type, I think, is not so much about
learning where the characters are relative to the keys but learning the
necessary moves to hit individual keys - you can then superimpose any layout
with a little practice. I actually find it harder to go from a traditional
flat keyboard to an "ergonomic" one than swapping from UK to RU layout.

Dx

--
“Вьюга была одна на свете, ничто с ней не соперничало.”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk