[Gllug] Polipo - Was: Caching youtube videos

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Oct 6 10:48:32 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 11:46:04AM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
>   Or you can add an exception

Sorry, I missed the best bit there.  If I click on this, I get a popup
which says:

  You should not add an exception if you are using an internet
  connection that you do not trust completely or if you are not used to
  seeing a warning for this server.

    [ GET ME OUT OF HERE! ]  [ ADD EXCEPTION ... ]

This is utterly ass-backwards.  Why don't I get a stronger warning
when I visit an unencrypted page?  Self-signed certs require two
non-obvious clicks, so I think unencrypted pages should get four or
five, perhaps with even more dire and confusing warnings.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat