[Gllug] GLLUG at Olympia, October 2008

Sat Oct 18 12:08:54 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Chris Bell wrote:
>> Hello,
>>    GLLUG has requested a stand in the .org village at the Olympia, October
>> 23 - 25, 2008 LinuxLive/MacLive/CreativePro Expo. I expect to be there for
>> the entire time plus the rig day, who will be available to man the stand
>> with me, (not just as a visitor), and when?
>>

> Do we want to put something on the gllug.org.uk website about this ?

Yes, probably a good idea: seeing http://www.linuxexpo.org.uk/ claims
GLLUG as amongst the members of the .ORG village!?

The show runs from next Thursday through to Saturday.

Very few GLLUGers/GLLUGlers have offered to help man the stand, and
Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> will be pleased to hear from
more souls prepared to put in say half a day or even lunch-time 'cover'.
His demo must be straightforward, given that a simple boy like me will
have to drive it!

The main expo site can be found at http://www.linuxexpolive.co.uk/ but
quickly becomes confusing when they talk of the Linux Expo and a
Creative Expo, but all communications come back labelled Mac Expo...

If you would like to apply for free tickets to attend, go straight to
http://www.macliveexpo.co.uk/client/index.aspx?id=book (if you follow
from the home page you'll have to click on the same button twice to get
to where you're going (although that is recommended over clicking a link
in some 'strange' email msg. Sigh! - the registration page needs JavaScript)

Regards,
=dn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk