[Gllug] SATA card recommendations.

Andre gllug at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Oct 14 09:11:02 UTC 2008

Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> I'd be grateful for recommendations for inexpensive PCI SATA cards
> that work fully under Linux AND support 1TB drives.

I have one of these:
http://www.span.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=17142
working well in my Ubuntu Hardy Server, 2.6.24-19-generic kernel.

It has two 1TB drives attached (half of a raid array) and doesn't have
the disappearing partitions problem that my much more expensive Adaptec
card has.

Not tested throughput but it seems fine.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk