[Gllug] Disc partitions

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun Oct 12 15:31:44 UTC 2008

On 12 Oct 2008, at 16:24, Chris Bell wrote:
[...]
>   One possible use would be as a security camera system, with a
> large SCSI
> e2fs drive storing pictures and one or two much smaller drives with
> the
> rest, including /usr and /var/log.

Not that there really is such a thing as a large SCSI drive by today's
standards, unless you are prepared to pay the achingly expensive price
for them.

I <heart> my AEC-7720U SCSIDE adaptor which lets me put a large IDE
disk (or DVD writer) on crummy old machines which only speak SCSI.
Span seem to be about the only UK stockist of them, and the prices
don't seem too out of whack:

http://www.span.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1202&man_filter=82

Although if you want any more tiny SCSI disks, feel free to come and
haul them away :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk