[Gllug] email readers

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Sep 20 17:22:51 UTC 2008

On 19 Sep 2008, tethys at gmail.com outgrape:
> PS. Yes, I'm being facetious. Although I *can* read my mail from the
> command line, and do occasionally when I'm logged in remotely, I
> generally use a GUI interface to mh (in my case, exmh).

Or gnus, which has a sort of mh-with-news-overview format called
nnml, eliminating one of mh's performance problems (and introducing
a whole *new* set of performance problems).

(It does scale well. I have folders with hundreds of thousands of
items in them, and they're just as fast as folders with fifty.)

--
`Not even vi uses vi key bindings for its command line.' --- PdS
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk