[Gllug] Debian question from a RH user

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Mon Sep 29 14:16:12 UTC 2008

On 29/09/08 14:56 +0100, Ken Smith wrote:
> I normally use RedHat style systems but today I'm dealing with a Debian
> 4 system. I need to install ifenslave-2.6 and apt-get install
> ifenslave-2.6 can't find the package.

http://packages.debian.org/etch/all/ifenslave/download has a link to the
package and instructions to add the repository.

> My google foo is failing me today. How do I add the right repository to
> apt or should I just grab a ifenslave-2.6.deb file from a repository and
> install it. Whats the Debian equivalent of "rpm -ivh" ?

I have this bookmarked cos when I've been on rpm based machines for a while I
forget their equivalents on deb machines:

http://nakedape.cc/wiki/PackageManagerCheatsheet

hth,
Craig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk