[Gllug] [JOB] UNIX Programmer in Stirling
sanelson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:42:56 UTC 2008
A good friend of mine has asked me to put out feelers for the following:
"""Ogilvie Communications Ltd is looking for a Senior UNIX Programmer
to join our
team developing and deploying network monitoring software.
You will be working with an advanced software platform running mostly perl on
OpenBSD and Ubuntu LTS Server. Our customers have complex specific
requirements and experience of working as a consultant with big companies is
You will be working with nLighten - a network monitoring product that use
Nagios and other free software to provide advanced network monitoring to our
quickly growing list of customers.
Your main duties will be programming and consulting, where programming will be
the larger part.
The position is based in Stirling and includes a company car and other
benefits. Commuting from Edinburgh takes approximately an hour and from
Glasgow 40 minutes.
* Solid UNIX experience with more than one type of UNIX
* Solid understanding of IP networks and common protocols
* Programming/Scripting experience - preferably with perl and bash
* Experience of MySQL
* Thorough understanding of HTTP and/or web development experience
* Full UK driving license
* Open Source experience
Other merits we are looking for:
* Experience working as a UNIX consultant
* Experience with network monitoring software and Nagios in particular
* Examples of development jobs
* Experience with big companies
* Legal knowledge
* Cisco and or other network equipment experience"""
I am told the package is between £27 and £34K, pluse company car, free
fuel pension savings and life insurance based on salary.
If anyone's interested, speak to me off list, and I'll put you in touch.
Gllug mailing list - Gllug at gllug.org.uk
More information about the GLLUG