[Gllug] VACANCY: Unix System Administrator (Part Time, Temp)

Richard Palmer richard.d.palmer at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 29 14:32:16 UTC 2008

Hello,

	We have a part time job going for a Unix (i.e. GNU/Linux) system
	administrator, probably ideal for a student/postgrad in London. A
	brief summary:

	Work: General system administration for humanities computing
	      departments at King's College London, server setup (mainly
	      virtual servers running on VMWare ESX / Xen), Apache
	      configuration, moving (physical) machines around on occasion,
	      account maintenance.
	      Possibility of working on distributed computing/text
	      mining project (if time allows).

	Experience: GNU/Linux administration experience of some sort
		    (any distribution) and an interest in learning more.
		    Some scripting (shell/Perl/Python/etc) experience.

	Location: Central London (Drury Lane)
	Period: 3 months (but may be extended) to start as soon as
		possible.
	Salary: £10-13 an hour (depending on experience)
	Hours: Upto 20 hours a week but negotiable

	No agencies please.

	Please email me if you are interested or need any more details.

regards,

Richard

--
Richard Palmer
Systems Manager			/ Centre for E-Research
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk