[Gllug] Virus killer

Gundemarie Scholz spamyousilly at inbox.ru
Tue Sep 9 19:48:25 UTC 2008

Chris Bell wrote:
>    I have just been asked for any kind of CD or USB device that can
> live-boot a Unix compatible system on an ordinary PC that has one or
> more virus infections, then run an anti-virus programme to clean the
> resident hard disc(s). A useful addition would be the ability to
> download data from something like Debian Volatile and store it on an
>    external drive. Is there any such thing?

Trinity Rescue Kit:
http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?wpid=1&front_id=12
I haven't tried its antivirus features yet though.

>    If not, would it be possible to produce one?

Knoppicillin is in German, can be ordered via the magazine that
publishes it once a year (c't), or you can try to build it on your own
if you are happy to download the OS and integrate the antivirus
programmes by yourself. The magazine publisher Heise Verlag is not
allowed to just distribute the whole package for free as the licence
agreement with the antivirus manufacturers doesn't allow it.
http://www.heise.de/software/download/knoppicillin_download_edition/37894

Kind regards,
Gunde

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk