[Gllug] NAS box for music storage

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Sep 8 20:13:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 07:33:47PM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> A friend has just bought a "sonos" system - www.sonos.com
>
> He wants a NAS solution that will store all his music (over 1TB), and
> that he can also use for his other data.
>
> Requirements are that it be as small as possible, as quiet as possible
> and as energy-efficient as possible.
>
> Any ideas for the hardware?

I did promise last month to blog about my new home storage system:

  http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2008-August/074045.html

Well, I'm still waiting for the Viglen MPC-L to be delivered, which
will be the server part (10 day lead time, 10 business days since the
order runs out tomorrow).  But I will let everyone know how it goes.
I've also got a power meter so I'll take some readings from that as
well.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones