[Gllug] Probably my eyesight

Stuart Children stuart at terminus.co.uk
Sun Sep 7 12:30:31 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 05:51:14PM +0100, Stuart Sears wrote:
> Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > I have to turn off the syntax highlighting which is a shame...
>
> Or you could just have a .vimrc or .exrc that thinks you're on a dark
> background
> See if this makes it better:
>
> :set bg=light

Also worth pointing out you can change the whole scheme too (via
'colorscheme'). You likely have a number supplied with the distribution,
but you can download more, or roll your own. This page is handy if you want
to see a comparison:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~maverick/VimColorSchemeTest/index-html.html

Personally I use a slightly modified version of torte when I'm coding.

HTH

--
Stuart
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk