[Gllug] Open source == 'Popular Computing'

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 17:50:34 UTC 2009

2009/4/20 Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk>:

> It isn't that hard, but it does require that the programmer realise that there do exist other
> people in the world - then people can't see the inside of his head.

This is a fundamental axiom which I've encountered a lot in the
software industry, and
there are many lame excuses which poor [programmers/departments/companies] use
to avoid documenting their code & applications.

Top of my list is "Agile mandates documentation as unnecessary". I
quickly extracted
myself from *that* particular organisation.

Another was "It's too complex to explain or document - the users won't
understand it."

Tid
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk