[Gllug] Open source == 'Popular Computing'

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Tue Apr 21 09:12:21 UTC 2009

On 20/4/09 20:40, James Laver wrote:

> I interviewed at a social network thingummyjig last year in central
> london and asked them about release frequency. They told me they
> release to live 4 times a day. I left shortly after.

Why does frequency of release worry you ?

If the automated testing and release systems are properly set up this
should work well. Admittedly it scares the willies out of me and
wouldn't work when you need third party sign off but it does seem to
work very well for some people.

http://timothyfitz.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/continuous-deployment-at-imvu-doing-the-impossible-fifty-times-a-day/

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk