[Gllug] OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Apr 30 14:50:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:46:40AM +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:23:18AM +0100, Joel wrote:
> > This doesn't appear to stop the iphone selling like hot cakes. It has
> > appalling battery life AND you can't replace the battery without
> > voiding warranty or sending off to Apple. Marketing is the thing, not
> > battery life, apparently.
>
> Definitely, given that it's also a very unreliable phone.

I haven't found it to be unreliable.

It _has_ crashed, precisely once since I bought it (so approx once in
6 months).

I don't think phones or appliances should ever crash, but even so this
is still far more reliable than the Nokia I had previously that had to
be rebooted every few days otherwise it would slow down to the point
of unusability and/or crash.

Anyhow, some anecdata for you.

Rich.

--