[Gllug] Keyboard amendments

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:39:27 UTC 2009

On 21 Apr 2009, at 18:02, john gennard wrote:

> I would like to give my keyboard (a basic 101/2 english one) the
> ability
> to print the fractions for a quarter and a half instead of the
> ungainly
> three part and too large I presently use.
>
> Can anyone help - google does not help, although I find reference to
> the
> use of '=188' and '=189'.
>
> John.

When talking about an unrelated topic, please create a new message as
replying to an existing message will cause mail readers that thread
based upon mail headers to get confused.

As for your answer, you will need to play with X keyboard settings. I
suggest you use xmodmap and start looking for information on google.
Here is your first link: http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl5_keymaps.htm

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk